Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with Performance Issues

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with Performance Issues
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 07:40:42 +0000

>When I look at processor utilization, it rarely runs above 10% so I'm thinking
>that going to a faster processor won't help much.  I'm using PHP 4.0.6, Apache
>1.3.20, mySQL 3.23.41 and Red Hat 7.2.

Check also the mem usage, if you're swapping that makes a HUGE difference (I
tested it).

For the other configuration points, I don't think the authentification part is
going on for each operation on the calendar (but maybe I'm wrong ?), so I would
check either the database or the web server ...

How do you see your perfs going down ? Seconds to have the web page, to add an
appointment, ... ?