[Phpgroupware-users] Help with CVS installation

From: Scott A. Henderson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with CVS installation
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:09:49 -0800

I am having a problem with the CVS installation and have tried a number of
things to get this to work properly.  Much of this is most likely related to
my limited CVS experience but I will try and relate the process that I have
gone through and then maybe someone will have some suggestions.

1)  First and foremost I have a running phpgroupware.  This was built with
the tar ball of .9.14-RC2.  This works but has a number of errors that I
have noted in the patches and would like to get the patches.

2)  To accomplish this I moved my installation to another directory and then
did the CVS install as follows, I have a script I am using since I keep
repeating this process with variations as follows

#!/bin/sh

# Get phpgroupware and update it to the latest version.  This
# script gets the 9.14-RC2 branch and updates it.

# Backup the current version
echo -ne "Backing up existing configuration..."
mv phpgroupware phpgroupware.old
echo "<ok>"

# Logon to CVS server
echo -ne "Logging onto CVs Server..."
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware login

# Get the base phpgroupware directory
echo "Getting main phpgroupware directory..."
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware co -r
Version-0
_9_14-branch-RC2 phpgroupware

# Get the phpgroupware applications
echo -ne "Change to phpgroupware directory..."
cd phpgroupware
echo "<ok>"
echo "Get phpgroupware applications..."
cvs co -r Version-0_9_14-branch-RC2 addressbook admin backup bookkeeping
bookmar
ks brewer calendar cart ccs cdb chat chora comic cron developer_tools dj
eldapti
r email etemplate felamimail filemanager forum ftp headlines hr img infolog
inv
manual mediadb meerkat messenger napster netsaint news_admin nntp notes
phonelog
 phpgwapi phpgwnetsaint phpsysinfo phpwebhosting polls preferences projects
qmai
lldap rbs registration setup skel soap stocks syncml-server timetrack todo
trans
y tts wap wcm weather xmlrpc

# Update the applications
echo "Update applications..."
cvs update -Pd

# Restore the configuration file and the user file directories
echo -ne "Restore configuration file and user directories..."
cp -rp ../phpgroupware.old/header.inc.php ./
cp -rp ../phpgroupware.old/files .files
echo "<ok>"

What I want to get is RC2 with all the patches since they seem to address
the problems I am running into.  At this point I am not sure if I am doing
this correct or not.  I have tried a number of options and seem to get the
same results.

Scott A. Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated
3763 Image Drive