Re: [paragui-users] another weekly update *g*

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] another weekly update *g*
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:49:17 -0700 (PDT)

On 31 Aug 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

> > Well, I've almost completed the ParaGUI port to C.
> > Got a few more bugs and design flaws to squash (I made a few incorrect
> > assumptions fairly early on *sigh*) and then I'll be ready to post it.
>
> > As of now it either opens a window and crashes or doesn't and crashes.
>
> > Under X it seems to be some kind of NULL pointer leaking in...
> > console?  Well, I have no SDL videosupport under console.  I'm still
> > trying to get this thing to exit without hanging on an error *wry grin*
>
> > Well more when I have more than a black screen.. . hopefully soon :)
> Sounds good.

Well to update...  *meep* *bangs forehead against wall out of stupidity*
Bunch of stupid assumptions.  Too many to count.
I'm down to class inheritance cleanup - once this is done I can post as
it'll probably work.

> I really hope I can use it in our next project. The EC++ compiler by Hitachi/
> Renesas (V5) was really brain dead :( and it was *really* expensive. The
> current V7 contains full support for templates/exceptions ... but it's too
> expensive for such a small company.

Should work.  This is a complete rewrite in C.  I'm even removing (as I
find them) C++-style commenting (//) and replacing with /*..*/

The libstdc++ stuff has been replaced from bits combined from glib (trees,
hashes, lists, memory :), pango (starting - international string layout)
and some of my own bits.  This thing will be able to do a few things
ParaGUI cannot currently do.  Such as easily write widget factories and
easily add more widgets without breaking anything *g*.  At least that's
the idea.

Unless your compiler doesn't allow #define macros or indirect function
calls (void (f)(void);  struct->f())  this should run fine.

It's NOT clean looking. Or particularily easy to read sometimes.  But it's
nice and powerful *grin*

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis