Re: [paragui-users] widget registry?

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] widget registry?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:09:49 +0300

just leave the mapping to the script level, imho.

Teunis Peters kirjoittaa torstaina, 14. elokuuta 2003, kello 22:54:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Atani wrote:

On Thursday 14 August 2003 12:09 pm, Teunis Peters wrote:
in C remember..  but the first is easy - either <object>** list or
lsearch-style list. The second - can be done with bsearch/.. or possibly other ways. lists don't work for what they're used for. The trick isn't
the list - it's the order / searching capability...

Why not use a variant on say a hash...

You can do this in C quite easily.. This was an assignment in one of my C
programming classes I took a few years ago... Its even easier in ASM
(however, not portable)..

true.  There's a lot of different ways to do this.
I'm still not entirely sure and I'm discovering how rusty I am at this
*sigh*. And there's cases where hashes would work, and cases where they
wouldn't...  skip lists are tempting but so are btrees.

All in all it's a lot trickier than saying
std::map<std::string,object*>

and don't forget there's a fair number of maps, lists, vectors and such
used in ParaGUI.

I'm starting to suspect that when I'm done, the C version will be a lot
uglier than the current but it will also be faster...

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis