Re: [paragui-users] widget registry?

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] widget registry?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Atani wrote:

> On Thursday 14 August 2003 12:54 pm, Teunis Peters wrote:
> > wouldn't...  skip lists are tempting but so are btrees.
>
> I didnt even think about using a skip list...
>

> > All in all it's a lot trickier than saying
> > std::map<std::string,object*>
>
> What about other libraries that provide these?  Perhaps the Apache runtime
> libs?

not sufficient.  besides not that serious.   and if gnome dependencies
(gtk) are bad, I'd guess apache are worse.  I also run two different
versions of apache on my two machines...  or maybe 3 if I ever run windows
2000 again :)

> > I'm starting to suspect that when I'm done, the C version will be a lot
> > uglier than the current but it will also be faster...
>
> The ultimate tradeoff... speed vs clean code...

you got it.

Actually my prob right now is with widget registries.  Data organization's
not really that difficult - I'm just really rusty.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis