Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI Theory

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] ParaGUI Theory
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, jonas bösch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not giving up yet :)
>
> Would it theoretically be possible to directly use the SDL-OpenGL
> stuff, if it has to be in a new window or so?

theoretically either paragui branch would do - with the awareness (of
course) that SDL doesn't support multiple displays *sigh*.
But for openning up a subdisplay - with a little wrangling yes
devel-opengl should work.  Been testing it a little lately...

> And... a pessimistic rough guess, when do you think devel-opengl will be
> usable? :)

When the texturing artifacts are solved.  Having blank backgrounds,
missing parts and SSSLLOOOWWW text rendering are all texture-related
problems with the devel-opengl branch.
Once it can spit out the same display as the regular branch then the
OpenGL driver will be operational.

note that the devel-opengl branch works JUST FINE for pretty much anything
the standard branch does - although I'm still merging in a few patches.
The OpenGL driver branch defaults to -SDL- methods and in that state works
exactly (pretty much :) like the 'standard' branch.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis