[Paparazzi-devel] GPS Problems

From: Meghan
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS Problems
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 17:28:52 -0600

Hey all,

We flew today in Auto2 and the ground control station showed the airplane
flying in a loop 60m ahead of us, while the airplane was going straight over
our heads, not attempting to continue the loop. The plane first started to go
into the loop, and at about 3/4 of the way around, it experienced the problem.
It showed the same problem 3 different times. There was a bit of a crosswind,
but the GCS should show the GPS reading from the airplane. We are using the NEO
M8 GPS module, so we are not sure why this was happening with such an accurate
GPS module. I assume that the position accuracy spiked up for some reason, but
during the flight, all I saw was around a 6m position accuracy.

The GPS module is mounted on the top of the airplane, facing up, and at least
6" away from any source of potential interference (motor, ECS, servos, radio).
Any ideas why this might have happened?

Thanks,
Meghan