[Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tuning?

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tuning?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:28:50 +0000

Is there a good tutorial for choosing all the different PID parameters
for a quad?

Mine flies fine when flown manually, but is perhaps a little soft.

It also has problems taking off in NAV: it tends to ramp up the motor
slowly and when its got enough lift to take off it instead flips over
(I presume because its trying to head off in some direction other than
straight up?).

Takeoff in ATT is just fine.

Could this be down to PID tuning?

(I also wonder if I've managed to break the GPS antenna - error is around 6m).