Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Poly Survey Issues

From: paparazzi_guy
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Poly Survey Issues
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again,

Just another update. I tried surveying with different configurations of
waypoints and the plane is still behaving very unpredictably.

For the first picture I used the following code:

    <block name="Initialize Poly Survey">
      <call fun="InitializePolygonSurvey(WP_S1, 6, 160, 90)"/>
    </block>
    <block name="Execute Poly Survey">
      <call fun="PolygonSurvey()"/>
    </block>

For the second picture I used the following code:

   <block name="Initialize Poly Survey">
      <call fun="InitializePolygonSurvey(WP_S2, 4, 110, 0)"/>
    </block>
    <block name="Execute Poly Survey">
      <call fun="PolygonSurvey()"/>
    </block>

It seems like the plane is still focusing on just a certain area of the
polygon or just going off in a random path for these very basic surveys. If
you guys have any thoughts on this issue or the other problem I had with the
advanced poly survey I would be very grateful. If Felix sees this I wouldn't
mind him check if this is a problem with the Paparazzi code (I am indeed
running v5.0.4).

At this point I might start considering manually surveying with a bunch of
waypoints.

Thanks,
Matthew

poly_survey_2.png