Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Replacement for HITL

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Replacement for HITL
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:37:25 -0700

Hello,

You had a question on RCgroups.com I helped with today. Did you get
the flight plan logic sorted ok?

Maybe I can help here with this. The user manual on HITL is here:
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/HITL

However, what your issue if I understand is: "I just need to
demonstrate that the servos will automatically move to the "kill"
position when certain parameters are met (ie loss of gps or
something)."

Is this outback challenge? You need to force it to crash if it goes
outside the boundaries correct? This should be pretty simple. Crash
can be spiral down no power which exists I believe in several of the
default airframe files. Have a look inside: conf/flight_plans/*.xml
for code like what you wish.

Sorry to point you at a manual but you will be in a competition soon.
If we simply tell you what to do and you do not understand or read the
manual you risk failing by simply not understanding what you are tying
to compete with.

Helping you to find your answers in the manual is optimal as Paparazzi
is a completely free project without corporate sponsors like other
projects. Other projects start by creating and selling. Paparazzi
started by creating and giving. Higher quality hardware and software
but requires a bit more reading from the user.

It would be really helpful if you can please highlight where in the
manual you are looking and have questions?

NOTE:  The manual is here: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki

Best regards,
David