[Paparazzi-devel] Replacement for HITL

From: paparazzi_guy
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Replacement for HITL
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:20:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I am using a fixed-wing UAV for a competition in a month and I need a way to
physically demonstrate to the judges that we have met all their failsafe
requirements. The code for HITL looks outdated and I tried implementing it
without success. This might be because I am not very familiar with the
makefile section of the code.

I just need to demonstrate that the servos will automatically move to the
"kill" position when certain parameters are met (ie loss of gps or
something).

I tried running the plane without its propellor and when I told the
autopilot to move to certain blocks the throttle would go but none of the
other servos would move on the wings and tail. I don't know if this is
because the plane needs to be moving for it to start using these servos.
When I am in Manual I am able to move all these servos fine and the IMU in
the plane senses when I tilt it, causing the servos to move as well.

If you guys have any ideas or thoughts regarding how I can demonstrate these
failsafes that would be great. Thanks.