Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Interesting flight with ARDrone2 and master branch

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Interesting flight with ARDrone2 and master branch
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:05:30 +0100

Hi David,
What you describe sounds like "TBE": Toilet Ball Effect. This happens when heading measurement is wrong.
I would recommend in such case to check the heading accuracy:
- Use an external compass and compare it to your drone heading. Both measurements should match by less than 5 degrees.
- Repeat that test with motors running, sometimes magnetometers are perturbated by magnetic field generated by current.
These tests should be perfomed outdoor.

Regards
Loic