Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Contributing to the Paparazzi project - Beginner q

From: Markus Bina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Contributing to the Paparazzi project - Beginner questions
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:55:42 +0200

Hi!

Can anybody help out?

Cheers, Markus

On 2013-09-24 23:04, Jorge Pantoja wrote:
Hi all!

I'm a another user and I'd be particularly interested if someone updates the different tuning procedures. A question that I have is if the tuning procedure varies if you are use the temperature sensors or a IMU?

I am using an IMU and the way I am trying to tune my autopilot is by first flying my aircraft manually, then I obtain the commands and attitude readings from the autopilot and with this information I obtain a model of my airplane in Matlab and then tune the model by adjusting the gains. I haven't put it into practice yet but if someone has an easier way to do it I'd be glad to hear about it.

On the tuning page of the Paparazzi wiki it only explains a bit how to calibrate roll and pitch but how about the other control loops like navigation and airspeed control loops? Another question that I have is which gains do the GAIN1 and GAIN2 found in the Radio file are related to?

Regards,
Jorge