Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ardrone2_raw supported GPS?

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ardrone2_raw supported GPS?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:46:06 +0100

Still no chance to test?

Also: no hints on tuning ardrone2_sdk parameters?

On 10 September 2013 22:53, Christophe De Wagter <address@hidden> wrote:

Weather is terrible. Still must test.

On Sep 10, 2013 2:32 PM, "Ben Laurie" <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 September 2013 21:34, Freek van Tienen <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks! we will test this tomorrow probably ;)

Did you test? How did it go?

Sirf Demo is a tool to configure Sirf GPS modules. The Flight Recorder from parrot s just a simple Sirf GPS module with some extra flash memory for saving videos. Sirf Demo can change the mode(protocol) in which the Flight Recorder is sending data in to NMEA or Sirf. It can also switch the baudrate at which it is transmitting data, and some other stuff like the speed of certain messages etc.

Paparazzi currently supports both Sirf and NMEA, but I recommend you using Sirf because then the transmitter can send the position data at a higher frequency. When you configured it to Sirf and set the baudrate to 57600 or higher, and the frequency of the position messages at the highest rate you can just set the gps subsystem inside paparazzi to sirf. Then you only need to take a look inside the ardrone2_raaw makefile, and see how to configure the right baudrate in your airframe file.