Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Newbee question Apogee or KroozSD

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Newbee question Apogee or KroozSD
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:24:56 +0200

Hi,

I'm not sure if the mpu9150 is already available. The first apogee test boards that were made still had the mpu6050.
Also there is no driver for the mpu9150 (with reading of the mag) yet, but once it's available it should be fairly easy to write a driver for it based on the mpu60x0 peripheral.

Cheers, Felix

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Alexander Biersack <address@hidden> wrote:
Got you, so the Apogee with the 9150 has a magnetometer.
I just searched for magnet on the 9150 webpage and in the pdf, but they call it compass, so I missed it.

> The Apogee does not have a magnetometer, while the Krooz does, or am I mistaken? The IMU 9150 does not have one.

Sparkfun 9150 breakout board:

The MPU-9150 is a System in Package (SiP) that combines two chips: the MPU-6050, which contains a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and an onboard Digital Motion Processor (DMP) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms; and the AK8975, a 3-axis digital compass