Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Newbee question Apogee or KroozSD

From: Marius Pfeffer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Newbee question Apogee or KroozSD
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:40:27 +0200

Am 31.07.2013 12:29 schrieb "Alexander Biersack" <address@hidden>:

> Thank you for this answer.
>
> And who are the developers of the Apogee board? I am not afraid to be the first to test the Apogee with rotorcrafts and be the guinea pig. If it flies with fixed wing, then the sensors should be read and interpreted correctly. Where could I get one to try it?

Wait a bit, it will be available soon in the official shop. Building your own will be much more expensive...

> Would it make sense to produce some Apogee boards or are they still instable and likely to change? I saw that someone asked for more servo outputs.

He needs one servo more than the apogee has outputs. Maybe the pca9685 chip will be supported in future(16 channel servo i2c controller), like the adafruit 16 channel 12 bit pwm controller board.

> The Apogee does not have a magnetometer, while the Krooz does, or am I mistaken? The IMU 9150 does not have one.

Sparkfun 9150 breakout board:

The MPU-9150 is a System in Package (SiP) that combines two chips: the MPU-6050, which contains a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and an onboard Digital Motion Processor (DMP) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms; and the AK8975, a 3-axis digital compass