Re: [Paparazzi-devel] autopilot for big aircraft with camera

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] autopilot for big aircraft with camera
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:09:56 +0200

Hi,
if you have only one direction you can use the GPS TX from the UMARIN
For GPS you need only the RX if you don't use the module GPS for programming the GPS receiver.
Form long distance up to 40 km you can use 868Mhz power modules. Zigbee xp 868H http://www.reichelt.de/Zigbee-XBEE/ZIGBEE-XP-868H/3/index.html?;ACTION="">
Using a mast (6-8m) will help for a long distance.
The lisaM has 3  UART ports.
Cheers,
Heinrich

refik schrieb:

Hello,

We will make a big aircraft and fly it with paparazzi. It will also include a video camera and we want to control it from UART port.

We have bought umarim_lite_v2. But umarim has 2 UART ports, and they are occupied with modem and GPS. How can I control the camera with umarim? One possibility is using I2C port and another processor which converts I2C to Uart, but is there another solution?

Could you please recommend a configuration which is suitable for long duration and long distance flight? (a reliable autopilot, IMU, GPS, Modem).  There are new autopilots like Krooz but I want to use a very reliable and tested autopilot.

Cheers,

Refik