[Paparazzi-devel] autopilot for big aircraft with camera

From: refik
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] autopilot for big aircraft with camera
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:20:01 +0300

Hello,

We will make a big aircraft and fly it with paparazzi. It will also include a video camera and we want to control it from UART port.

We have bought umarim_lite_v2. But umarim has 2 UART ports, and they are occupied with modem and GPS. How can I control the camera with umarim? One possibility is using I2C port and another processor which converts I2C to Uart, but is there another solution?

Could you please recommend a configuration which is suitable for long duration and long distance flight? (a reliable autopilot, IMU, GPS, Modem).  There are new autopilots like Krooz but I want to use a very reliable and tested autopilot.

Cheers,

Refik