[Paparazzi-devel] geolocation of photos taken

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] geolocation of photos taken
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:00:01 -0300

Hi all,

Some online services for orthomosaic generation expect the latitude, longitude,
altitude and attitude when a photo was taken,
the minimum being position.

My camera doesn't have inbuilt GPS (and not sure if I'd want to use that if it
did). My GPS antenna is directly above the camera.
My question is how paparazzi supports recording this data such that it can be
used together with the upload of the actual photos?

I guess I could rely on the DC_SHOT in the telemetry, but if there's a gap in
the reception I may lose a few position updates.
Having said that, I could not discover scripts which pull this from the logs
after the flight.

Very interested in learning what others have done in this area.

Rgds,

Gerard