Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa has a different GPS interface?

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa has a different GPS interface?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:13:53 +0100

On 25/06/12 16:08, Chris Wozny wrote:
Does the uBlox MAX-6Q from CSG Shop have a 3.3V regulator?
It has
http://tilman-ppz-uav.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/gps-pinout.html
I got those schematics from CSG shop.
IC2 is the regulator chip.

  I didn't
think it did, so I swapped the jumpers to supply 3.3V to UART3 which
may be why mine works fine on Lisa/M 2.0 if you're having problems
with the 5V regulator on Lisa/M 2.0.

It's probably a LDO so most of your 3.3V will arrive at the chip. But it's certainly wrong.

Also, Marvin, I know that the ubx_center module is to be used if your
GPS module doesn't save it's configuration, but maybe it would benefit
if you used the ubx_center module just to make absolutely sure all of
your settings are correct on your GPS module:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Module/GPS_UBlox_UCenter

ACK. Works like a charm.