Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa has a different GPS interface?

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa has a different GPS interface?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:33:01 -0400

Marvin,

We've used both a uBlox LEA-5H and uBlox MAX-6Q GPS and both have
started within 30 seconds. The LEA-5H used the 5V input since it had
the 3.3V regulator on it, however, the MAX-6Q didn't so we changed the
jumper configuration to give UART3 3.3V. Either way, the only time it
took longer than a minute was on first (cold) start. I'd recommend
taking your GPS and connecting to a USB-to-UART device and checking
with some terminal application (screen command in Linux or CoolTerm
for Mac OSX.) If you're on Windows, you could just use UBXCenter to
see how long it takes to get a lock.

- Chris