[Paparazzi-devel] Hover loop control gains

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Hover loop control gains
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:21:31 +0100

Hello,

I finally managed to fly in hover_z_hold mode. I'm quite suprised that i had to reduce the control gains for the horizontal control loops compared to other airframes examples. I have P and D around 50 where most of the configuration have 100 to 200...  I was thinking that from a quad to another, the behaviour would be quite similar: for example, 10° bank angle give the same acceleration, wathever the size of the quadrotor...So I supposed that the control gains for the horizontal loop would also be similar from a quite to another, whathever the size...
I'm using the master branch files. (I know that the control gains in the dev branch have been modified)

On the other hand, I have around 4 meters GPS position accuracy, which: do you get better accuracy?

Regards
LD