[Paparazzi-devel] Continous Integration Server

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Continous Integration Server
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:33:30 -0000

Hi all,

I've set up a Jenkins CI server for paparazzi as an experiment to see if it's useful for anyone. If any of the devs would like access to the server (ssh + jenkins admin details) please let me know.

You can get to it via
http://uavs.mace.manchester.ac.uk/ppz-ci.html (Amazon changes the DNS on reboots, I'll try to keep this up to date)

The server checks currently just master from github every 5 minutes for changes.

It runs:
make clean &&
make &&
make AIRCRAFT=Microjet sim &&
make AIRCRAFT=Microjet ap &&
make AIRCRAFT=LISA_ASCTEC_PIOTR ap

I've chosen Microjet because it's the first on the list in paparazzi centre. I've not aware of a 'canonical' Lisa-based airframe, so that I picked the ASCTEC one because it was the last one on the list and therefore maybe the newest(?).

If the build fails, it should ping paparazzi-dev (this list).
It will ping on first fail, and on fix.

The server runs on an Debian squeeze AWS micro instance (ubuntu on AMI micro has a kernel bug triggered by Java). It takes around 4 minutes to complete a build & has two build workers. It has paparazzi-dev, paparazzi-arm7 & paparazzi-stm32 installed. I can also set up a job which doesn't do the make clean step if people think this would be useful.

If anyone has any comments or any additional airframes or targets that could be tested please let me know.

Many thanks,
Gareth R