Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Continous Integration Server

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Continous Integration Server
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:34:47 +0100

Hi Gareth,

>> You can use https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Github+Plugin
>> to automatically trigger on a push to github.
>
> It's already installed but you need to insert a post-commit hook on github.
> POST to
> http://ec2-79-125-28-43.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com:8080/github-webhook/

done

>> Could you please install paparazzi-arm-multilib instead of
>> paparazzi-arm7 and paparazzi-stm32 since this is the recommended
>> toolchain now and the other packages won't be maintained anymore.
>
> I tried originally but got the following error, which is why I used the
> seperate packages:

>   paparazzi-arm-multilib : Depends: libpython2.7 (>= 2.7) but it is not
> installable
> E: Broken packages

Oh, damn... Next time please report if you find stuff like this,
otherwise we have to assume they work...
I built on debian for 64bit, but the i386 package on Ubuntu...

Also for ubuntu I'll try to make the toolchain package ready for
building in launchpad ppa as well:
https://launchpad.net/~paparazzi-uav/+archive/ppa
There it will be automatically built for i386 and amd64 in a clean
pbuilder environment for the specified release, so we can be sure the
dependencies are met.
Unfortunately that is only for Ubuntu, they don't provide pbuilder
environments for debian.

For now I'll build a new i386 package for squeeze in pbuilder on my
machine here... but maybe someone an idea how to better do this in the
future?

> I tried installing just python2.7 from wheezy (testing) but it depends on
> the upgraded binutils & libc and I'd rather not run testing on a build
> server.  Rebuilding python2.7 for squeeze is going to be non-trivial, and
> there isn't a source archive for paparazzi-arm-multilib in the squeeze repo
> so I can't just change the depends and rebuild the package.

I agree, don't install python2.7 on squeeze, we shoud rather fix the package.
All that is needed to build the packages can be found in
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi-portability-support
(linux/arm-none-eabi-gcc-linaro)
Although for building the toolchain there is still one caveat... we
need to make tags in the libopencm3 repo, instead of cloning the
master branch every time.
Especially since there have been some changes in libopencm3 that also
need updating of Paparazzi.