Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Getting started with paparazzi

From: Steven Bellens
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Getting started with paparazzi
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:28:41 +0100

Hi,

2009/12/21 Maik Höpfel <address@hidden>:
> Hey Steven,
>
> other than reading trough the wiki, I can recommend mecevans guide to
> Paparazzi: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000937 .
> There's also the massive Paparazzi-Thread at
> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851820, that probably
> contains everything ever said about PPRZ... but it is very long.
> I'd also suggest starting to log the IRC channel, and ask questions
> there. The mailing list is also a good spot to ask more advanced
> questions.

I already had a talk  on the IRC channel with someone flying around
with a paparazzi booz autopilot. I still have some questions however.
To be clear: I am looking for a hardware and software implementation
to make an autonomous VTOL quadrotor vehicle, so that's why I'm
interested in booz in the first place.
After reading through the various websites you suggested me (and they
suggest themselves) my questions are:

- paparazzi uses thermopile sensors for the autopilot, which makes it
hard to fly it indoors (which I would like to do)? On the contrary.
booz uses IMUs to stabilize the vehicle, so it should not be a problem
to fly indoors with a booz autopilot, right?

- As I'm not an expert in assembling/configuring hardware: is there
any possibility to get assistance from someone of the paparazzi
project? (e.g. help while trimming/configuring the software to use my
specific vehicle?) Or is it that simple I won't need any help? :)

I followed the instructions on running a simulation on
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Booz , but during compilation of the
vehicle I get the following error message (make AIRCRAFT=BOOZ2_A1
clean_ac sim):

BUILD /home/steven/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A1/flight_plan.xml
cd sw/airborne; make PAPARAZZI_SRC=/home/steven/paparazzi
PAPARAZZI_HOME=/home/steven/paparazzi TARGET=sim ARCHI=sim all
DEPEND /home/steven/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/.depend
CC
/home/steven/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A1/sim//home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.o
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c: In function ‘void
tstp_hdl(int)’:
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:43: error:
‘SIGTSTP’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:43: error:
‘SIG_DFL’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:43: error: ‘signal’
was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:44: error: ‘raise’
was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c: In function ‘void
cont_hdl(int)’:
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:51: error:
‘SIGCONT’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:51: error: ‘signal’
was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:52: error:
‘SIGTSTP’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c: In function ‘int
main(int, char**)’:
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:66: error:
‘SIGCONT’ was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:66: error: ‘signal’
was not declared in this scope
/home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.c:67: error:
‘SIGTSTP’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: ***
[/home/steven/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A1/sim//home/steven/paparazzi/sw/simulator/nps/nps_main.o]
Error 1
make: *** [sim] Error 2