[Paparazzi-devel] osd i/f idea (Mike)

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] osd i/f idea (Mike)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 21:29:26 +0300

Hi Mike
No i mean airborne.
What i was thinking is that since my osd (also has pitot, air pressure sensors rpm sensors, fuel sensors etc. ) has a GPS input for displaying gps data, i can use a microcontroller that will listen to the airborne serial modem (much like the Uart tunnel firmware) and present the data to the osd simulating a gps.
You see any problem in this approach?
I am asking because if there is a problem in my way of thinking i don't want to waste any time on this as it is only an idea i have and i haven't actually started working on it
Chris