Re: [Paparazzi-devel] osd i/f idea (Mike)

From: Michele Santucci
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] osd i/f idea (Mike)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:59:50 +0200

Hallo,

sorry but I've been a little hasty in my conclusion in the previous email.
Anyway I got what you were meaning and well yes this's not a really optimized
way to solve that but of course it can 'pay the bill' so to say.
If your OSD already 'understood' a NMEA GPS input you can retrieve telemetry
data output but of course you can also go straight to the source and get the actual
GPS output  feeding the Paparazzi board (as long as you are using a NMEA
standard GPS) thus cutting out the need of a real microntroller (of course if the paparazzi board is using other gps input format like ublox binary one well you
still need a micro).

Best Regards,
   Mike