[Paparazzi-devel] 868MHz duty cycle (was Xbee 868 uplink)

From: Steve Joyce
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 868MHz duty cycle (was Xbee 868 uplink)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:31:30 +0200

I put this question about transmit duty cycle limiting to Aerocomm
(Lairdtech) tech support some time ago.  The answer you may find surprising:
He claims the duty cycle is already limited in the modules.  strange because
I seem to recall the manual states that compliance is the responsibility of
the OEM.

About the Xbee uplink problem- I haven't tried the Xbee module, but I know that I saw the same thing with Aerocomm 868MHz modules until I switched to operate in full duplex mode. i.e. half the (already small) bandwidth is reserved for uplink.

Cheers,
Steve