Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee 868 uplink

From: Volker Cordes
Subject: Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee 868 uplink
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:29:49 +0200

Jeremy

Any progress with it?

the diydrones folks discussed it, too
http://diydrones.ning.com/forum/topics/xbee-pro-long-range-made?page=4&commentId=705844%3AComment%3A61605&x=1#705844Comment61605

regards
volker

Hi,
This morning, I tried a 19200bps datalink instead of a 57600bps one.
19200 is under the RF bandwidth of the Xbee which is 24kbps.
It didn't solve my problem. I always have difficulty to send data to the aircraft.
The downlink frame uses about 30ms every 100ms of the RF link. So the RF link is not saturated by the downlink.

Is there any software flow control for the uplink in the paparazzi uart code, which sends data until it has been recorded, or which waits for a downlink frame end to send uplink data?

Jeremy

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a