[Paparazzi-devel] OSAM advanced navigation routine updates

From: Austin Jensen
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] OSAM advanced navigation routine updates
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:08:00 -0700

All,

We added a new navigation routine which enables an aircraft to survey the area of any convex polygon. Some additional features of this navigation routine are..
  1. Variable sweep width
  2. Can have any sweep orientation
  3. An entry point to control where the aircraft starts the survey
  4. Variables to use in exceptions to exit the routine automatically
More details have been added to the wiki and the code has been uploaded onto the server. It hasn't been tested on the actual aircraft yet, but we will test it soon. Email the list if anybody finds any problems with it.

Also, we are working on making the Bungee Launch routine safer and have added the speed of the aircraft as a factor to when the prop comes on. We are still testing it, so be careful when using the bungee launch. The prop could come on unexpectedly.

Thanks
Austin

Austin Jensen, Research Assistant
Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS),
Utah State University, 4120 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-4120, USA
E: address@hidden, T: (801)633-0426