[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi and wiki

From: Andrew S
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi and wiki
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:56:08 +0300

07.01.09, 13:33, "Pascal Brisset" <address@hidden>:

Dear Pascal!

> > and we are going to reash at least 5 km with them.
>  Do you mean 5km horizontaly or verticaly ?

I do mean any direction in line of sight with 1.5W
videotransmitter. I have hi gain yagi antenna.
But I worry quality on high distances would worse,
and want to try videorecording on board.

>  I've just build two zip files:
>     paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images.zip
>     paparazzi.enac.fr/mediawiki.sql.zip

Thanks!

> please do
> not forget to clearly refer to the paparazzi.enac.fr website and use the
> same distribution license.

Certainly.

>  We usually use spook as an intermediate layer. It handles the pollin
> stream and can be used as a rtsp server. We used a patched version of
> spook which can be found in the CVS:
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/paparazzi3/sw/in_progress/videolizer/spook/?root=paparazzi

I tryed this, adjusted quality and fps, but problem is spook translates
only half of rows... odd or even, I dont know.. :( I am unassured yet,
but will check.
Also I am going to try another devices, because pollin is hardly available here.
Especially "usb-stick" devices are better I think, as it can be used
for on board encoding with gumstix.
Do you know about new digi`s extra long range xbee-pro for 868 mhz? It was
anounced
and will be available this year. Unfotunately I bought anohter (x-stream
24)before.

Best regards and happy new year, Andrew