RE: [Paparazzi-devel] GCS Receiving

From: pascal . brisset
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] GCS Receiving
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:13:09 +0200

Quoting Brendan Chen <address@hidden>:

> Hi Roman,
>
> Thanks for the reply. The bit I don't understand is that after I put in the
> lines in the message.xml (code below), how will the GCS know when to use that
> format and how would I have this data displayed on the screen?

 All the messages are displayed by the Messages agent.

> Another thing is that I can't find an 'autopilot' dir from inside the 'sw'
> dir, and I had a look for downlink.h, although there are few files at various
> locations, they still look reasonably same. I'm not sure which one to use?

 From your declaration in the messages.xml file, a macro is generated (from the
"make" command in the paparazzi3/ directory) in the var/include/messages.h :

DOWNLINK_SEND_AirspeedData(...) ...

 You can call it anywhere from the airborne C code. Warning, the macro expects
pointers to the data; so the call will look like

    DOWNLINK_SEND_AirspeedData(&as_1, &as_2)

--Pascal