Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Forced Mode2 on Condition

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Forced Mode2 on Condition
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:31:22 +0200

David Conger wrote:
Pascal,

With only a Joystick at the ground station how then is a new aircraft "tuned"?
I did not think about it. You can tune your aicraft one day with a standard RC, and then use a joystick to operate it. However, it is also possible to have a "MANUAL in AUTO2" mode, the stabilisation loop just has to be disabled (fw_h_ctl.c:221). We have to check that the command rate and the latency which can be handled by the modem is correct for manual flight. Soon ...

--Pascal

My understanding is you must set mechanically all the flight surfaces properly for stable flight before AUTO2 is possible. With only a joystick is it possible to fly a model in "manual" or AUTO1?

-David