Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New variable name?

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New variable name?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:30:31 +0200

Hi Anton,

You can have a look at this MIT lecture for theory of this control loop : http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Aeronautics-and-Astronautics/16-333Fall-2004/CourseHome/index.htm
(especially lecture 12 on lateral control).

One of the big advantage of setting the rate setpoint to 0 is to avoid pulse in the control signal when you perform an angle step.

Gautier

Pascal Brisset a écrit :
Hi Anton,

you are right, this commands 0 rate. Sometimes called a P-D law. A lot more simpler to understand and tune than the nested loops and a lot more efficient. All the our "recent" aircraft, including your Slayer and the Slicer have been successfully and easyly tuned with this law.
Gautier, you get a reference ?

--Pascal

address@hidden wrote:
Pascal,
I looked at this control law, and frankly I was scared. This law commands 0 rate, while I would call it simpler, it has to be inferior to the old style of nested loops. This should be stated somewhere. I also dont understand why it is highly recommended, as it appears to be a hacked way to do control laws. AJ