Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR sensors

From: Florin Mingireanu
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR sensors
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:01:08 +0200

Hi there,

One quick question: What are the limitations of FMA co-pilot? Is it using the 7-14 microns wavelength window?

Assume you have a high altitude glider.
Would an IR horizon sensing device (e.g.: FMA co-pilot) work in a cloud? What if the ground is covered by snow and it is cold (-20 degrees Celsius)... would it still work OK?

If one could summarize several limitations of FMA co-pilot I would be extremely grateful. Of course it would be the best if that person used FMA co-pilot and knows the limitations from practical operation and not from theory.

Best regards,
FY