otpasswd-talk

[Otpasswd-talk] State update problem

From: Tomasz bla Fortuna
Subject: [Otpasswd-talk] State update problem
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 01:27:00 +0100

Hi,
  problem looks like this:
When I update part of state file (without touching rest of the entries)
I have to create temporary file, copy there everything+some changes,
close, sync and: rename it to the correct state file.

Seems ok, but as state can be in /etc and we aren't SUID root (we just
have group/user access to single state file) I can't create temporary
file there. So in case of global db temporary file will have to be
created in... /tmp?

I've checked how shadow packaged (the one with passwd) does it.
Similar, but it's SUID root so it creates temporary file in /etc.

Hm. Do I miss something, or have I messed the idea up?

Global db is generally implemented, I have to clean up issues like this
one, ensure permissions are always set correctly etc.

I cleaned up code a lot also.

--
Tomasz bla Fortuna
jid: bla(at)af.gliwice.pl