otpasswd-talk

[Otpasswd-talk] State files

From: Tomasz bla Fortuna
Subject: [Otpasswd-talk] State files
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:45:23 +0100

Hi,
  currently inside state files I use base-62 numbers for key and
counter like this:
bla:5:7pZaswmIxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxioRu54G:6zsxxxxfTrhWbArTs1KEKD:F:0:0:0:12:0::Set
 label:123456

This makes it tightly written. Yet I wonder about switching to hex and
zero-padding the entries.

Counter:
6zsxxxxfTrhWbArTs1KEKD
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Key:
7pZaswmIxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxioRu54G
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And why. This method of saving requires GMP library. This way key is
managed using GMP library but it doesn't need to, as we don't make
any arithmetic operations on it. Making it hexadecimal, it might look
cleaner when global db is used and entries are of constant lenght more/less.

It might be easier to understand what is written there. It will be more obvious
if we are using almost-zero key if such a key is generated (ok, a bit
overrated example).

It might be easier retyped into a phone. Well. Think about it.
Changing it now will be much easier than waiting for stable release. ;)

--
Tomasz bla Fortuna
jid: bla(at)af.gliwice.pl