oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] newbe needs help

From: Martin Hedenfalk
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] newbe needs help
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:44:22 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:39:47PM -0500, Parminder Singh Gupta wrote:
> hi everyone,
> i just downloaded oroborus. i would like to use it with gnome 1.4 and
> later with gnome 2. but when i choose oroboirus as my window manager from
> gnome and restart gnome, i get a message that 'there is a non-complaint wm'
> and gnome behaves absurd with no window decorations whatsoever.

What version are you using? The latest is 2.0.6, and I'm currently using it
with Gnome2 and it works fine.

Are you sure Gnome started Oroborus successfully? It sounds like it didn't
start at all. Try starting it from an xterm in Gnome.

> also i would like to customize oroborus, but there seems to be no
> documentation available. no has my installation from source created a
> /usr/share/oroborus directory.

There is a configuration tool available on
http://www.e.kth.se/~e97_mhe/oroborus.shtml. Try it. It should work with
both version 2.0.5 and 2.0.6.

The default installation prefix is /usr/local, so look in
/usr/local/share/oroborus.

HTH / mhe

--
Martin Hedenfalk <address@hidden>
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.