oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] New version 2.0.6

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] New version 2.0.6
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:40:07 +0200

* Chris Osgood <address@hidden> [020711 19:12]:
> Hello, I'm new to the list.  First of all I'd like to say thanks to
> everyone who has worked on Oroborus.  I've been using it for ages now.
Hi,

> I'm currently using the Debian packaged version in unstable.
>
> I do a lot of FLTK development and the new version seems to crash whenever
> I uses FLTK's Fluid application (I'm using the latest "stable" FLTK
> 1.1.x).  For example when I say "Write code" in Fluid it will pop a window
> when it is done, that pop-up seems to cause Oroborus to explode (seg
> fault).  Other operations also cause it to crash, I'm not sure if the
> problem is only with the pop-up windows.
Could you either send me, what I need to check that (the list of debian
packages, and what you did) OR compile Oroborus from source with enabled
debug-information, and run it in gdb (and then use the backtrace function to
check where it segfaults...

> The old version of Oroborus (1.14) doesn't seem to be effected and works
> fine.  However, I'd rather use the new version because it looks better
> with the window borders that I can actually click.
Oroborus 1.X is absolutely obsolete and won't be supported any more (at least
by me).

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.