Re: [Openexr-devel] looking for a working 2.0.1 Windows build

From: Nicholas Yue
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] looking for a working 2.0.1 Windows build
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 07:57:07 -0700

On 14/06/14 12:49 AM, Sebastian Elsner wrote:
I tested the sidefx repo here and first it seemed to work, but my build env was screwed up. So after cleaning up folders and getting the paths straigt it fails with the error: NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'R:\development\libraries\openexr\sidefx-openexr\OpenEXR\b44ExpLogTable.h'
Hi Sebastian,

The file b44ExpLogTable.h is generated from the executable b44ExpLogTable

This happens with vc9 and vc10, while building from Nicolas Yues Repo ( https://github.com/nyue/openexr) works.
I encapsulated this as a target so that it gets generated automatically and written to the appropriate location for further reference by other targets in CMake

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (
  TARGET b44ExpLogTable
  POST_BUILD
  COMMAND b44ExpLogTable > b44ExpLogTable.h
  WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/IlmImf
)
SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(
  ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/IlmImf/b44ExpLogTable.h
  PROPERTIES
  HEADER_FILE_ONLY TRUE
  )

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5