Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: P.S.

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: P.S.
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:44:42 -0800

I believe he is referring to JPEG-HDR, not (unused, rarely implemented) 12 bit
JPEG.

See Greg's publications on the matter for more details.

Chris

On 1/11/09 12:12 PM, "Thomas Richter" <address@hidden> wrote:

Greg Ward wrote:
> I have improved versions of Mark's images, regenerated from the RAW
> input using dcraw and hdrgen.  Mark used Photoshop CS2 to create his
> HDR, and there are issues with their calibration resulting from that.

Well, if we can use those for testing, I would be definitely interested.

> Also, are you folks looking to evaluate JPEG-HDR in your comparisons?  I
> can provide you with the library if you like.

You mean the 12bpp option in "traditional" JPEG? Well, sure, but not in
this test - that's done already - I'm currently looking into floating
point support, and for that into images that really need more range than
12bpp could address.

I do have the IJG code, which supports 12bpp lossy as a compile-time
option (unfortunately, somewhat buggy, but fixable); I suppose this is
what you mean?

Thanks,
        Thomas