Re: [Openexr-devel] Conditions for OpenEXR example images

From: Thomas Richter
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Conditions for OpenEXR example images
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:36:50 +0100

Hi Greg,

You should also consider Mark Fairchild's HDR Photographic Survey:

    http://www.cis.rit.edu/fairchild/HDR.html

I'm not sure of the licensing restrictions, but I assume since Mark intends these to be a kind of reference for tone-mapping work, that they are fairly generous.

Thanks for the pointer! I'm clearly aware of Mark's work - and actually I'm already testing with his images. (-: Unfortunately, I found the dynamic range of his images not quite high enough to really justify floating point - most of the images can be evaluated by LDR methods (unlike the ILM content) and thus is data is not quite "critical enough" for my intension.

Nevertheless, thanks!

Thomas