Re: [Openexr-devel] Control the exposure parameter in Shake

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Control the exposure parameter in Shake
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:39:09 +0000

Nilly Perry wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Paul for your help. It works now!!!

When I load an EXR format image to the photoshop, I can control the exposure parameter. Is it possible to control it also in Shake ?

You don't really need one since the exr's load into shake as float images.
In an attempt to be as efficient as possible we added both exposure and
bytes controls to our exr translator but it ended up not being worth it.
Instead you can just use a macro similar to the following:

    image Exposure(image in, float exposure=0.0)
    {
        return Brightness(in, pow(2.0, exposure));
    }

--Ken