Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets

From: Daniel A. Fort
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kevin,

> SMPTE RP 195-1998 covers this quite well including 35mm 3 perf and 65mm.

I put in an order and received RP 195-2004 (revision of RP 195-1998). It
is an 8-page document--actually 4-pages printed both sides and the
illustrations take up half of it. The document confirms that "perf offset"
is something that is used in formats that require it like 35mm 3-perf. The
document also goes into some depth about 65mm 15-perf with key numbers
every 80 perfs but this is somewhat outdated because the new standard is
120 perf per key number.
Anyway--I don't mean to drag this out, but is there some place to learn
how to convert from the proposed OpenEXR perfOffset values to the standard
frame + perf numbers? For example: XA 43 4247 1932+04 P1 (taken directly
from the SMPTE document).
--Dan