Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's Digital Negative Format

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Adobe's Digital Negative Format
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:04:59 -0700

At 8:28 PM -0400 10/7/04, Weston Houghton wrote:
Yup, apologies all,

I guess I hadn't looked at it in a while, and TIFF does seem to be pretty open at this point. I still stand by my annoyances at their yearly modifications, but I'll begrudgingly admit that they're not always bad too.

The updates don't occur that frequently (at most we add things about as often as we update Photoshop). And they're normally simple additions (16 bit LAB, FLATE compression, etc.) or documentation cleanup.

And Adobe still controls the TIFF standard.

Chris