Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Re: [Openexr] KeyKode offsets
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:43:18 -0700

In order to bring the topic of key codes close to a conclusion, could
those of you who are interested please vote on the following choices
for what should be in an OpenEXR key code attribute:

    A) DPX-style film edge codes, as listed in section 6.1 of SMPTE 268M,
       "File Format for Digital Moving-Picture Exchange":

        film manufacturer ID code
        film type
        prefix
        frame count
        offset in perfs

    B) "Film feet edge numbers" as specified by SMPTE RP 195, "Use of the
       Reference Mark in Manufacturer-Printed Latent Image Key Numbers for
       Unambiguous Film Frame Identification".  This numbering scheme
       covers 35mm and 65mm film with key numbers occuring every 64, 80
       and 120 perforations, and with 3, 4, 8 and 15-perforation frames.
       (If you are voting for this one, please explain to me how the
       scheme works.  After reading RP 195, I still don't understand it.)

Florian