Re: need help with function handle tests

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: need help with function handle tests
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 12:23:27 -0400

On 3/11/20 10:46 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

There were two typos in "testscript.m" (line 84 and 168)

- if (clear_functions_after_main_dir)
+ if (clear_function_after_main_dir)

- cd (top_dir)
+ cd (topdir)
> After these fixes, I run all the cells. If an error occurred I ran
manually

    clear all
    cd ..

and started in the next cell (to avoid double execution) until
completion.  Output attached.

Thanks. I had some trouble making sense of the output, probably mostly due to not writing the scripts to be clear enough about what was being executed. Also, it doesn't help that there was no attempt at error recovery. So I'm attaching another attempt that I hope will produce clearer output and not fail on any errors when using the function handles (calls to functions or the handles themselves are now inside try/catch blocks).

I would appreciate it if someone could unpack the attached tar file, execute the run_tests function in the top-level directory, and post the resulting diary file.

Thanks,