Re: need help with function handle tests

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: need help with function handle tests
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 13:00:30 -0400

On 3/11/20 1:08 AM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

On 3/11/20 12:40 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
After running the test script, what happens if you do

   %% Move out of other-dir where nonexistent_fun.m is located
   cd ..
   %% Does fh_missing still point to other-dir/nonexistent_fun?
   fh_missing ();
   functions (fh_missing)

?

I'm sure I'll have more questions and will probably post another version
of the script.

jwe

Again R2019a:

cd ..
fh_missing ();
'nonexistent_fun' is not found in the current folder or on the MATLAB
path, but exists in:
     /home/siko1056/Downloads/fhdl-tests/other-dir

Change the MATLAB current folder or add its folder to the MATLAB path.

functions (fh_missing)

ans =

   struct with fields:

     function: 'nonexistent_fun'
         type: 'simple'
         file: ''

OK, thanks.

I'm attaching an expanded script with more options to see what happens with different cases (adding main-dir to the path, using a relative name for it, cd to main-dir instead of adding it to the path, clearing functions after handles are defined).

This time, cd to the top directory after unpacking and execute the "doit.m" script. That will call the "testscript.m" with various combinations of options and should create a diary file as a transcript of all the action. Send that to me and I'll see whether I can make some sense of it.