Re: Plans for Octave 6.1 release

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Plans for Octave 6.1 release
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 15:12:40 +0100

Am 07. Dezember 2019 um 21:49 Uhr schrieb "Markus Mützel":
> Am 06. Dezember 2019 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb "Rik":
> > The checklist of instructions is at etc/RELEASE.CHECKLIST and the
> > accompanying bug fix template is at etc/RELEASE.BUG_FIX_LIST.
> > Traditionally I have placed these as pages on the Octave Wiki at
> > https://wiki.octave.org/Category:Development so that everyone could see the
> > status, and make changes without requiring excessive permissions.  I have
> > started things off by performing action item #1 : updating gnulib repo.
>
> That doesn't seem to have worked. There was activity in their git repository
> during the last 8 months:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git
>
> I don't know how to import those changes to our hg sub-repo though.

I pushed the following change to the instructions:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/873ef98668d1

This worked correctly for me locally. But I haven't actually pushed any changes
in case this isn't the preferred procedure.

It might also be possible to get rid of the first lengthy hg convert of the
complete repository (~1 hour on my hardware). But I'm not familiar with git. It
would probably work if we could derive the information for the splicemap
directly from the git repository.

Markus