Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released]

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Table I/O [WAS: io-2.4.13 released]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 07:30:49 +0200

Le 18/10/2019 à 23:58, Andrew Janke a écrit :
This (no dedicated date or time type) is one of the reasons I left dates and
times aside for spreadsheet I/O. In fact, for file types and support
libraries that do offer date/time types I made the io package convert
date/time values into Octave datenums = doubles.

Tablicious provides a Matlab-compatible Octave @datetime class.

Hi Andrew,

How complete is this implementation of @datetime [1, 2] ?

If it is complete, perhaps could you already extract it from tablicious and propose it on the patch tracker for inclusion in Octave core ?

Or at least as an independent Octave Forge package as a first step ?

@++
Julien

[1] https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/blob/master/inst/datetime.m

[2] https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/datetime.html